Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low-freq roll up in time-domain simulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keating_wu

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
roll-up simulation

Dear all,

I was simulating a square-lattice metallic wire array with CST and observed a low-frequency roll up (or leakage) in S21 at the cutoff region. If you know this structure you would know that it has a cutoff frequency and below that freq no wave can get through, just like standard rectangular waveguide. However, in CST the simulated S21 goes down first as freq decreases, but then eventually goes up until slightly over 0dB at DC. Then I used MEEP, which is also time-domain simulation, and it gave me the same observation. If I use HFSS, however, S21 nicely goes down to very low at low frequencies.

I was trying to reason this to Fourier Transform to my advisor, but he didn't buy it. Any comments, reasoning or hints are welcome here, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back