Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LOW COST 16bit MICROCONTROLLER

Status
Not open for further replies.

bejoy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
LOW COST MICROCONTROLLER

I am working in a project were we require to build almost 250 modules each with a microcontroller for testing the precense of certain obstacle in each ones slot.

i reuire peripherals like
1. 1 or 2 uart
2. timer
3. 5 to 7 i/o ports

to be present in the controller.

can any one suggest a very low cost,low power microcontroller.

i tried MSP 430 of TI but its versions like 2xxx series were costly.

i prefer a 16 bit device.

CAN ANY ONE HELP ME.

What about renesas

Nandhu

nandhu015 said:
What about renesas
Nandhu

You are not serious, are you? Renesas low cost? Renesas low power? Well, I assume everything is relative as Albert said.

@OP
Check out the LPC1100 series, I know, not 16-bit but 32-bit. Check out this one as a starter. The smallest one at 10k volume 65 US-cent
[/url]http://mcu-related.com/architectures/35-cortex-m3/92-lpc1100 Bob

bejoy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I am not sure why anyone cares about using a 16-bit vs. an 8-bit or 32-bit (or any bit for that matter), as long as the speed, space, cost and peripherals requirements are met.

so I would suggest that rather than looking for a 16-bit processor that fits your needs, you start looking for a processor that fits your needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back