Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low-access to GSM-radio protocols - Help Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xovian

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey everyone,

I was hoping someone can help me out as you guys are much more experienced and knowledgeable than me.

I am in the search for a specific GSM modem, which I was told I can find in China as they make white label modems so I can gain access to deeper levels when programming the modem.

So my question to you guys:

1. Is it possible that I can program the microcontroller of the GSM modem directly, for instance using the C programming language, so that I can get low-access to GSM-radio protocols’ internals? For instance, I need to be able to modify some raw data packets directly through programming, something that the AT-commands only offer limited access for.

2. Is it also possible that the modem supports any special control-sequences or commands, so that I can modify a SMS message radio packet’s contents? For instance, I am looking at modifying the hex-contents of the radio packet being sent to the carrier network.

I've been trying to do research on this for several months but I'm not an expert and was hoping someone can shoot me a pm on a specific model I can find to do this. Every time I contact a Chinese manufacturer, they don't have a developer's manual for the modem or don't understand my requirements.

My last option is, if someone knows where I can get a custom made gsm modem made with my requirements, I will be more than happy to look into this option. I am willing to buy a custom one if someone can provide it.

Anyways, I hope someone can help me out as I am hitting a brick wall in my search.

Last edited:

modify a SMS message radio packet’s contents?
you mean the data send to the modem that you can do in micro-controller no need of special modem

maybe thats what it was.

i'll look into it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.