Not open for further replies.

gary36

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
looking for true spi adc dac combo for a hobby project

For a hobby project , I would like to interface output of SPI ADC to SPI DAC and match the input vs output. I am unable to find plain vanilla true SPI ADC-DAC duo. Any clues?

Re: looking for true spi adc dac combo for a hobby project

I mean ADC should generate SPI output which can be directly interfaced to DAC to generate analog output, without using a controller in between

No, all these ADC and DAC chips act as SPI Slave, none as Master.

Hi,

Both devices usually are SPI_slaves. None of them will initiate a SPI communicatrion as an SPI_master.
And the SPI is just an interface - with no dedicated data protocol. Thus - even if there is an SPI_master - in many cases you can not simply send the ADC data to any DAC.

Did you consider how to control the ADC_setup, the DAC_setup, sampling rate, ...or simply "who controles the CS lines?"

BTW: what´s the use of an ADC--(SPI)--DAC?

The most simple soultion could be an audio ADC-DAC solution with or without an I2S interface. Maybe read through some audio CODEC ICs.

Klaus

I wonder what is the purpose of doing a conversion and deconversion without any inbetween processing.

Couldn't you accomplish the same task with a wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.