Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for RF power sensor diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

nec3

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bat62 power sensor

I burnt a diode sensor for measuring RF power up to 18 GHz.It has two diodes with no name on.One of the two diodes is connected as to give positive voltage output and the other is for negative.It seems very easy to make but not. I tried 1n23 but it is not as flat as the original in terms of the linearity of frequency response.
Any suggestion for this? Or a diode name that works linear in the range of 1-2 gigahertz ?

bat62 rf power sensor

I suspect that the junction capacitance of your new diodes are limiting the frequency response. Try Agilent brand or similar high frequency schottky diodes.

You may try BAT15-03W (4V breakdown) or BAT62 (40V). Both are schotky. BAT15 is useful for mixers up to 12GHz.
I made power sensor with BAT62 and it is usefull up to 2.5GHz with no gain correction. Both diodes are available in Eurote at Buerklin.

Hi nec3,

An easy to obtain schottky-diode from Agilent is: HSMS-8101 (single) or
HSMS-8202 (dual). Both can be found by Farnell (www.farnell.com). These
diodes work well up to 12GHz. If you use it for higher frequencies you
have to tune out the inductances of the package (SOT-23)

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back