Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for resources on DAC filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

wossy

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dac filter

I want to design a passive elliptic filter with sin x/x correction to couple to the output of a dac. Can anyone recommend any software or books

thanks

dac filter

filter solution, hehe

Re: dac filter

wossy said:
I want to design a passive elliptic filter with sin x/x correction to couple to the output of a dac. Can anyone recommend any software or books

thanks
Are you sure this is what you want? If you are filtering something like a synthesizer, with sinewave output only, an elliptic filter will work well. If this is a time domain filter, it will cause ringing on fast transitions. **broken link removed** is an article that has some good info about an alternate approach.

Re: dac filter

Hi

I am going to design a DDS system to output sine, square etc. I will have two filters an elliptic and probably a bessel to get good time domain performance. I would like to correct for the sinx/x of the dac with the elliptic. Hope this clarifies things.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back