Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for projects with M6800

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBO

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

im looking for projects using m6800

help if any

Re: M6800

Do you mean using the microprocessor Motorola 68000 ?

M6800

yes I'm looking for 68K sample projects too , I'd appreciate any help

Re: M6800

Motorola 6800 and Rockwell 6502 are virtually identical in every way. The original Apple II used the 6502. For projects using the 6800 you can go back to 1980 and find the HeathKit CMOS Digital Electronics course. Their 6800 microprocessor board had a Hex Keypad and 7-Segment displays. It's how I started with digital electronics/microprocessors and never looked back.

Keep in mind that these are microprocessors and not microcontrollers. They require external memory and IO latches.

The Motorola 6805 and 6809 also have the same basic 8-bit architecture. Some of these had built-in non-voltatile memory for stand-alone projects. There was a change in the Accumulator structure at some point, but I can't remember which ones off hand.

Here is the Motorola 6800 HeathKit board available on Ebay... cheap:
**broken link removed**

There a few books available on Ebay: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.