Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for power supply for PIC without transformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

ful babu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want a transformerless power supply where i'll be using a PIC12F629 at 4MHz , a 12V relay and a LED at a time..,.,,

can any one suggest me which wud be better solution, capacitive , resistive or any other convenient low cost solution ???

thx

transformerless power supply microchip

For small-currents applications (<100mA) I would suggest energy-efficient capacitive transformless power supply.
In the application note from the previous post you can find all desription on how to calculate such a powere supply.
My only one suggestion is that you use all voltage dropping components on the L(ine) not on N(eutral), as in some countries N(eutral) is connected to EARTH and it is just safer.

Ans i am pretty sure you are aware of danger exposure to non-isolated high-voltage power line !!!

Re: Power supply for PIC

SphinX said:
Salam,

h**p://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00954A.pdf

Bye

olaikum assalam orahmatullahi obarkatuhu,

i have seen the paper already , i wanted suggestion regarding tat, how much wud a PIC 12F629 , a 12 V relay and a led will consume is it less then 100 ? i m not sure .,.,.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back