zk543g

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PAL-> NTSC Converter?

hello?

i need pal -> ntsc converter for tv schematic?

please help me!

thank you.

I am pretty sure PHILLIPS or SIGNETICS offered some IC's for these formats. Demodulation cicuit followed by modulation circuit would be the answer. Do a search on their website for application notes.

edf said:
I am pretty sure PHILLIPS or SIGNETICS offered some IC's for these formats. Demodulation cicuit followed by modulation circuit would be the answer. Do a search on their website for application notes.

zk543g: Remember our last discussion on the topic:

its demodulation, followed by resizing, followed by frame rate conversion and then followed by modulation. It's a big achievement...

Agilsan is supposed to keep us informed of a device he found...

There are some quick-and-dirty ways used by among others some VCRs, where the frame rate is NOT converted. I have for instance a (European = PAL) Thomson VCR which can play back NTSC tapes, and produces something called "PAL60" - where the coding is PAL and the frame rate is 60 Hz (like NTSC).

Many TVs seem to manage that -- either as is or after minor adjustment of vertical lock.

There may be chips capable of that kind of conversion, and definitely the task is MUCH simpler. I have not researched the details, but it might be worth looking at.

Good luck,
ted

I agree with ted, there are very 'crude' ways to do it:

1- clip the resolution instead of resizing
2- repeat 1 image every 5 images to obtain the 60Hz frame rate

There is surely a chip somewhere that does that. Anybody knows?

In the meantime, here's a link to an e-book that covers the full subject. Be prepared for a math course... :lol:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…