Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for PAL to NTSC converter for TV schematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

zk543g

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
PAL-> NTSC Converter?

hello?

i need pal -> ntsc converter for tv schematic?

please help me!

thank you.

I am pretty sure PHILLIPS or SIGNETICS offered some IC's for these formats. Demodulation cicuit followed by modulation circuit would be the answer. Do a search on their website for application notes.

edf said:
I am pretty sure PHILLIPS or SIGNETICS offered some IC's for these formats. Demodulation cicuit followed by modulation circuit would be the answer. Do a search on their website for application notes.

zk543g: Remember our last discussion on the topic:

its demodulation, followed by resizing, followed by frame rate conversion and then followed by modulation. It's a big achievement...

Agilsan is supposed to keep us informed of a device he found...

There are some quick-and-dirty ways used by among others some VCRs, where the frame rate is NOT converted. I have for instance a (European = PAL) Thomson VCR which can play back NTSC tapes, and produces something called "PAL60" - where the coding is PAL and the frame rate is 60 Hz (like NTSC).

Many TVs seem to manage that -- either as is or after minor adjustment of vertical lock.

There may be chips capable of that kind of conversion, and definitely the task is MUCH simpler. I have not researched the details, but it might be worth looking at.

Good luck,
ted

I agree with ted, there are very 'crude' ways to do it:

1- clip the resolution instead of resizing
2- repeat 1 image every 5 images to obtain the 60Hz frame rate

There is surely a chip somewhere that does that. Anybody knows?

In the meantime, here's a link to an e-book that covers the full subject. Be prepared for a math course... :lol:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back