Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for Object detect sensors..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nvp

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Friends,

I am looking for sensor, it should detect object like HUMAN and other things.

Pls let me know if you people worked in this kind of sensors. Also it is great if you could tell the availability and price.

Or pls let me know if there is any other way to detect Object?

Waiting for your reply...

Regards
NVP

Does it need to distinguish between objects?
If not You can use the ultrasonic or infra-red sensors.

Hi,

Mainly it should detect HUMAN. Is ultra sould will work??

Regards
NVP

yev15 said:
Does it need to distinguish between objects?
If not You can use the ultrasonic or infra-red sensors.

Yes, sure. With ultrasonic sensor you can detect the presence of the object in the defined area. You can choose sensors with different frequencies and beam-width.

Usually, the ultrasonic sensor is more expensive than the IR, but it provides better detection probability and allows to define (to limit) the detection area.

yev15 said:
Yes, sure. With ultrasonic sensor you can detect the presence of the object in the defined area. You can choose sensors with different frequencies and beam-width.

Usually, the ultrasonic sensor is more expensive than the IR, but it provides better detection probability and allows to define (to limit) the detection area.

Hello Dear,

It is great if you tell where can I get this type of sensors. If possible pls provide me URL.

Regards
NVP

nvp said:
Hello Dear,

It is great if you tell where can I get this type of sensors. If possible pls provide me URL.

Regards
NVP

ww.robotstorehk.com sells it.

regds

happy_99

I looked at the ultra sound and the infrared devices. All of them seem to have some angle range which is obvious.

My question is how do I read the closes object in every direction. Assume that if the object is not within say 50m, then assume that there is no object in that direction.

Thanks in advance

Answer to nvp:

If You are looking for a sensor for commercial product, You can contact this company: www.sensotech.ca. I worked there two years before. They produce different kinds of ultrasonic sensors. Their prices may be very atractive.

If you are interesting in only some pieces, look for it on Farnell or RS Electronics.

Answer to a551pskc24:

Read the attached document. It explanes about the sonar application, but the operation in the air is a same (the wave propagation speed is different).

yev15 said:
Answer to nvp:

If You are looking for a sensor for commercial product, You can contact this company: www.sensotech.ca I worked there two years before. They produce different kinds of ultrasonic sensors. Their prices may be very atractive.

Hi Frined,

I believe there is some problem in site. I am unable to see PDF format page.

Regards
NVP

Are You talking about Sensotech site?
They moved to Canada just couple of months before, maybe there are still some problems with the internet site.
You can give me your e-mail address and I'll ask them to contact You. :D

yev15 said:
Are You talking about Sensotech site?
They moved to Canada just couple of months before, maybe there are still some problems with the internet site.
You can give me your e-mail address and I'll ask them to contact You. :D

Hello Friend,

Do you have data sheets of these Ultrasonic sensors??

Part number's are as follows...

1) Transmitter :- CST40 - 16 303S
2) Receiver :- CSR40 - 16 161S

Regards
NVP.

nvp said:
Hello Friend,

Do you have data sheets of these Ultrasonic sensors??

Part number's are as follows...

1) Transmitter :- CST40 - 16 303S
2) Receiver :- CSR40 - 16 161S

Regards
NVP.

Sory, I don't. But the only reason to use the separate transmitter and reciever in object detection sensor is a need of deadzone cancellation.

Sory, I don't. But the only reason to use the separate transmitter and reciever in object detection sensor is a need of deadzone cancellation.[/quote]

Did you work on Sensor projects??

nvp said:

Yep. Do you need some help in sensor design?

yev15 said:
nvp said:

Yep. Do you need some help in sensor design?
Hi..

I am also looking for Flame detector sensor.Any sensors available??

It is great if you could tell where can I get those sensors data sheet. Because I have those sensors right now.

If posible give me few good tips for sensor design.

Regards
NVP

[quote="nvp
I am also looking for Flame detector sensor.Any sensors available??

It is great if you could tell where can I get those sensors data sheet. Because I have those sensors right now.

If posible give me few good tips for sensor design.

Regards
NVP[/quote]

I don't know how to detect the flame - maybe you can use the PIR sensor?
About ultrasonic sensor: please provide more detailes about the sensor requirements - maximum and minimum detection range, objects minimum size, required beam width.

I don't know how to detect the flame - maybe you can use the PIR sensor?

Hello friend,

What is that PIR sensor? Can you pls brief about PIR Sensor??

Are you talking about Passive Infra Red sensor???

Regards
NVP

Hi,
A good way to detect humans is used by bulgarian custom officers (as far as I know). They can detect the presence of human inside of a sealed truck by measuring the CO2 level with a small probe inserted in the back compartiment. But this method works only in closed spaces, and the response time is not so good.

Best,
/pisoiu

nvp said:
What is that PIR sensor? Can you pls brief about PIR Sensor??

Are you talking about Passive Infra Red sensor???

Regards
NVP

I have never worked with Infra Red sensors. There is a short explanation about the flame detectors:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.