Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for MOS model (BSIM4) parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syed Z Haque

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello everyone!
I have been working in ADS software since last week to design a Bandgap Reference circuit.But i am stuck to find the model parameters of BSIM4. Can anybody tell me, from where i could manage this model parameters.
Thank YOU.

These would come from your target foundry. If you don't have that
figured out, MOSIS is a place to start. There have been other threads
about this very thing recently, "Search" is your friend. But BSIM4 is
not the only model around, and decent quality analog probably wants
you to use channel lengths where it's not specifically necessary. So
don't be all hung up on having a particular model level (especially if
this is not ever even going to be built).

BSIM4 is a modeling language for accurately characterizing MOSFET devices. It's not a part, but more a language used to describe FETs built on <100 nm processes. BSIM stands for Berkeley Short-channel IGFET Model. Think of it like a SPICE model for a transistor, but with more accurate results.

What you're probably asking for are BSIM4 model parameters for some FET you want to model with ADS. For that, I'd hit the manufacturer's website and look under Development Tools, or Design Help sections, looking for product models.

Status
Not open for further replies.