Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for MIC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to add mute switch with LED (momentary) in MIC circuit as attached by you in this thread.

pls suggest.
The mic is powered and has about 2V to 3V on it. If you short the mic to 0V then it will be muted but the 2V to 3V transient will produce a hell of a loud POP!
Mute the output of the preamp opamp instead since it does not have DC. You might need to use a Jfet to ramp down and up the volume during muting. I dun dat and it worked well.

Is it possible to drive power to IC used in attached circuit from O/p of given below circuit(OP1 or OP2)?
If you use a flip-flop to cut power then apply power to the mic preamp then it will make very loud POP sounds.
but your circuit is too simple to power anything except an LED.

The mic is powered and has about 2V to 3V on it. If you short the mic to 0V then it will be muted but the 2V to 3V transient will produce a hell of a loud POP!
Mute the output of the preamp opamp instead since it does not have DC. You might need to use a Jfet to ramp down and up the volume during muting. I dun dat and it worked well.

If you use a flip-flop to cut power then apply power to the mic preamp then it will make very loud POP sounds.
but your circuit is too simple to power anything except an LED.

I am not able to understand "Jfet to ramp down and up the volume during muting". can you pls share it?

Make a circuit so that a Jfet attenuator slowly turns on and slowly turns off, which "ramps" the volume slowly. Then DC or signals will not cause a "pop" sound. I did that to mute background music on a large intercom system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back