Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for information about multirate DSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sddkk

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Multirate DSP?

Who has the exprerience and document about multirate DSP? Pleas post.

Re: Multirate DSP?

Hi,
I have used decimation for communication applications on AD DSPs. What are you looking for.
The books to refer are PP Vaidyanathan abd the one by rabiner.
BRM

Hi sddkk,

There is a chapter in the book Digital Signal Processing by Proakis and Manolakis (Prentice-Hall) that is very recommendable.
The same is included in the book Advanced Digital Signal Processing by Proakis et al. (McMillan).
Which is your need?

Z

I want to design some mulirate filters by Code Composer Studio? help me?! :roll:

There is no particular requirement of the processor/OS. If you want to decimate or interpolate it is fairly simple, meaning that you need to code "intelligently" and for others like PRF ... you need to use the FFT or other available algorithms. Give more information on what you want to do.
BRM

Hi sddkk

R. Crochiere and L.R. Rabiner "Multirate DSP", Prentice Hall 1983

is the clasical book for Multirate DSP

Dora

Thank for all! I have had my book and I am trying to finish my project. But I still have a question else, how about application of multirate dsp?

sddkk said:
Thank for all! I have had my book and I am trying to finish my project. But I still have a question else, how about application of multirate dsp?

There are many applications of multirate dsp in digital speech/video coding and digital interpolation and decimation. They are used in subband coding for data rate reduction for storage and transmission.

Hello ramesh! Thank for your answer :!: But hane you got any document about one of the application?

Multi Rate DSP is basically multiple sampling rates in one system, they are mainly used in audio as well as video applications, where sound image etc are to be captured at different rates, please tell ur requirement in detail.

Multirate Signal processing includes nonlinear quantisation and nonlinear discretization in time

Status
Not open for further replies.