Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for HDTV Tuner module producents

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecube

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HDTV Tuner module

Does anyone know anyone making HDTV tuner module

Re: HDTV Tuner module

What is the difference between HDTV tuner module and TV tuner module?

Phillips makes a bunch of them. The last one I worked with actually could spit out parallel MPEG2.

I don't know the specifics but HDTV has many different aspect ratios and resolutions and must also use wider channel bandwidth. (If you really need to know, we are designing a couple of DLP (check TI's website) based HDTVs here at work. I can get the numbers if you want.)

Funny thing is that tuners have been coming as "canned" units for so long, we can design the whole TV without actually knowing much about the channel frequencies, bandwidth etc.. Who needs RF engineers anymore? :|

Like digital cable, the signal recovered is digital, so your old tuners are worthless.

I hope that's what you wanted to know. I can get more info if you need it.

Hello JohnJ;
Can you provide me more information?

Wow, sorry to take so long. We are busy here at work on a couple of 52" TV's, trying to get them into production. LOTs of work and testing.

I had to make sure that any data sheets I post are not confidential! Attached is a dual use tuner data sheet.

One confusion that exists about the TV standards change over is that HDTV and digital transmission are two different things. The US is changing to Digital RF transmission. In the old 6MHz analog channel band width, which existed to allow for the older low quality tuner (~50 years now!) now contains not only the old analog NTSC signal, but also 1 to 3 digital modulated signals as well. The old NTSC transmission had a fixed resolution. The digital transmission allows for other resolutions which are called High Definition. I can't even keep up with all the resolutions available since they seem to add them constantly. Just look at the ads on the net for a HDTV for a listing of the current ones.

The digital signal has a much lower signal level to give a full quality picture. The US is also going to change the frequencies TV is transmitted on. You will need a "set-top-box" in 2007 (?) to continue to using your old TV.

Not to worry though; the government is going to make so much money selling the old frequencies they are going to help pay for the boxes.

Is it possible for mobile include GPS and HDTV? I mean how to design boardband antena.

HDTV Tuner module consists of CEC(Consumer electronics Control)
Which control Both DVD ,Setupbox and HDTV . There is only one remote control to control every thing .

But ordinary tuner module, THere si separate remote for DVD , Se-up box and HDTV

That is TV Tuner module . Not asking abt HDMI technology .
I ma not convinced with your answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back