Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for embedded wi-fi module

Status
Not open for further replies.

max1980

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I start a new design. I'm looking for an embedded Wi-Fi module to put on my pcb.

I saw the modules from "Redpine signals". I'm looking for something like that but they have max 65Mbps. I would like faster.

Any suggestion?

Thx, Max

65 Mbps is the data rate. Your actual throughput is going to be much lower than this due to overhead, configuration etc.
If you want to go higher you need something like 802.11n 3x3 or 4x4 Multiple In Multiple Out (MIMO) with a good encoding algorithm i.e. turbocoding.

check out .........Products Overview - Quantenna Communications to learn more about MIMO.

Thanks Robis,

I would love to put QHS600 chipset on my board but it's too complicate to do, I've to find a quick solution to give WIFI access to my processor. I understand better the MIMO now and I would like to use MIMO module if I find one who fits my needs.

I'm not sure of what I'm going to use right now, I did not find faster module... I would like to find other modules like the "Redpine signals" module or something faster and compare solutions. If someone have suggestion, go ahead!

Thx!!

Go to LS research wifi modules.

Hi everyone,

I start a new design. I'm looking for an embedded Wi-Fi module to put on my pcb.

I saw the modules from "Redpine signals". I'm looking for something like that but they have max 65Mbps. I would like faster.

Any suggestion?

Thx, Max

May be you will also like to go to www.whiznets.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back