Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for documents on RS232 and net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorkin

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RS232 and net

It would like to get greaters information on the standardization of interface RS232. Somebody has some information or document? It would also like to get greaters information on the possibility to be establishing connection some devices with interface RS232 in order to form a net of communications. Is possible this accomplishment?
Been thankful, Gorkin

RS232 and net

Look here

h**tp://w*w.lvr.com/serport.htm

as far as i understood you, i think u want to form a net or bus with the rs-232 interface.
i just know one example where a rs-232 bus was realized.
look at the dgt-boards which are used for playin chess via/against the computer.
theres a description of how to build a chessboard network for tournaments
**broken link removed**
its a network with up to 12 chess boards.
link to the homepage: http://www.dgtprojects.com

but i dont know how the communication between the boards work or if its documented... i think the data gets simply relayed and buffered between each node. imho there are better/faster and probably cheaper solutions than this one, since rs-232 was designed to enable point to point communication and not for bus communication. :)
FYI i have no experience with this i'm just saying my opinion.

HTH
dsp_

RS232

Hello brothers!
Very thanks for your's ansewers...good links Greats!

Yes "DSP", your undertand-me my necessity...but it's impossible what is due the physical implementation of RS232. I try with the RS485...
Thanks a lot!

try this

h??p://hjem.get2net.dk/villy/vje_vbio.htm
:idea:

Just to double check
are u planning on having a multidrop bus network of controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back