Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for docs on ESD protection schemes or architectures

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikhsarfraz

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ESD Architechture

Hi,
Can some body pass on some good notes/docs on ESD protection schemes or architechtures.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

ESD Architechture

check out Razavi. he has given basics of about ESD and also protection from it.

Re: ESD Architechture

Hi,
Thanks for the reqponse.
I went through Razavi, but I need some practical Architechture for ESD protection which are typically used in I/O circuits.

Thanks
Shaikh Sarfraz

You may use also
ESD circuits & devices book by Steven H Voldman

ESD in Silicon Integrated Circuits
2nd Edition
by Ajith Amerasekera / Charvaka Duvvury

Check out Ming-Dou Ker. He has over 100 patents about ESD across every design
field and he is a consultant all around the world, so his paers and patents are very practical.

I have some experience to share with you about ESD as I have struggled for a year to achieve 8kV HBM in my IO-ring

(1) Check out patents and papers and choose the simplest.
(2) Gate-coupled structure is already good enough to achieve at least HBM 2kV
(3) Check which standard you need, HBM / MM / CDM ? Different standard may require different structure
(4) Modify your simple circuit from some existing papers or patents
(5) Run transient simulation to emulate ESD like pulse. Check the papers from the above guy
(6) Make sure you have more than enough margin to layout. Don't trust the design rules from foundry. Left more margin, like poly gate width, contact-to-gate spacing, min. buffer size, those are very critical from failed 1kV to pass 2kV region
(7) Check out the discharge path for whole chip in layout as the discharge path is critical for your success. Most likely, it is VDD and VSS path.

h**p://&highlight=

try this

satya

Status
Not open for further replies.