Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for company doing pcb assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliyesami

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am still unable to find a good affordable companies for mounting small foot print components on pcb .
how are hobbyist doing it ? Is it possible to solder such devices at home by one self ?

Is it possible to solder such devices at home by one self ?

Absolutely. I am 70+ and my hands are not at all steady. Still, I do 805-size components. 1206-size are relatively easy. Use a decent iron, pointed tip, a magnifying visor, and learn some of the tricks, including ways to reduce unsteadiness of your hands.

John

can you plz check out the molex connector part number 54132-4062 which is a 40pin FFC .5mm pitch connector and tell me if its solderable by hand?

thanks

Yes, I believe it is hand solderable. I have never soldered that specific device, though.

Here are two tutorials dealing with hand soldering fine-pitch components:

https://store.curiousinventor.com/guides/Surface_Mount_Soldering/QFP/

https://www.silabs.com/Support Documents/TechnicalDocs/an114.pdf

I have never used a wire, as shown in the second link, to stabilize something. One key is to have fine solder wick available to remove any solder bridge if and when you get one. On occasion, I will also use a micro-drop of medium cyanoacrylic (CA) adhesive to stabilize a part.

John

hi John!

i have soldered QFP package with no issues but this molex connector is much smaller i will give it a shot though and let you know.

thanks

here's my concern :
TQFP package measurements :
pitch = 0.8mm
pad width = 0.45mm

MOLEX FFC-40PIN connector measurements:
pitch = 0.5mm
pad width = 0.2mm

so you see that the molex connect is almost twice smaller than TQFP package.
as I stated I am ok with soldering TQFP package but was wondering if anyone has soldered the Molex type package with that small measurements.
I will try though as soon as I get my pcb which is being made and report back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back