Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for books on SPI interfacing and good micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustubhkhole

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
SPI interfacing

Hi !! all .......

1) Can any one suggest me any good book/link for SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) interface.

2) Basically I have to interface an MCP2510(STAND alone CAN controller with SPI interface) to a microcontroller. So can someone suggest me a good Microcontroller for the same. I already have ATMEGA32 .. will that do ??..

Re: SPI interfacing

Generally SPI is not similar in every IC.
You should see its data-sheet to clear what is the protocol exactly.

The concept of SPI;
Using three - sometimes four pins while the data I/O is separated.
1. clock SCL
2. chip select SCN
3. data in/out SIO

All the SPI ports are connected to all the slaves since the SCN signal that each slave has its chip=select.

the SPI protocol is so simple while driving the CSN first then driving the CLK during sending/receiving data.
Again, the protocol depends of the IC. Every IC considered different one. For example COMMAND section, data width, accumulated address...

Re: SPI interfacing

kaustubhkhole said:
Hi !! all .......

1) Can any one suggest me any good book/link for SPI(Serial Peripheral Interface) interface.

2) Basically I have to interface an MCP2510(STAND alone CAN controller with SPI interface) to a microcontroller. So can someone suggest me a good Microcontroller for the same. I already have ATMEGA32 .. will that do ??..

1)Here
www.embedded.com/story/OEG20020124S0116
www.mct.net/faq/spi.html
www.piclist.com/techref/io/serial/spis.htm

2)Also you can read the files attached, AVR151 is and Atmel document that explain how to configure your Microcontroller to use SPI.
In AVR107 you can see an application note "communication between a microcontroller and memories"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back