Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for AVR instructions in reference to AT89C Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noman Yousaf

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
about AVR

i have strong command on AT89xxxx MCUs in assambly languge.
Now i want to go in AVRs.
the problem is, i want to know the equvelent instructions of AVR related to 89c...
rfamily.
for example (i know only few )
in 89Cxx we copy the number from any register to any port by writing
MOV P2,A ; copy the number of a to port 2
in avr,
that is
OUT P2,r2

can any body tell me about any artical or tutorial in which the avr instruction r tought or told with the refrence of AT89Cxx assambly?

thanks alot

Re: about AVR

you can check this in AVRs reference manual, which you can find in the ATMELs site, be ware that AVRs are high performance RISC MCUs, and maybe it would be far wiser to program them in C and let the compiler manage the optimizations...

Hello

What C compiler do you suggest :)

Thanks in advance

I myself do prefer the IAR compilers, but there is one free development toolchain for targetting AVRs called WINAVR which you can find on the sourceforge (www.sourceforge.net). some great compiler it is. but I as I said, I do prefer the IAR. there is also an ImageCraft C compliler for AVR (ICCAVR) and another thing called CodeVision AVR from HPInfoTech. this CodeVision has a great code template generator which will do a great job of configuring all the AVR peripherals (which is a tremendous help in case of MegaAVRs) for the IAR compiler, you must buy their MAKEAPP separately.

Hello

Is there any thing for PICs that looks like WinAVR, I have downloaded SDCC, but PICs support is still under development :(

Regards

about AVR

IAR ia the best solution for the AVR compile, you may study AVR throught read the IAR manual

Status
Not open for further replies.