Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for any information about RF Chokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssssss

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
RF Chokes Information

Can Any Body help me to get All the information about RF Chokes.

Design
Applications
What it is?
etc. :cry:

Re: RF Chokes Information

I think the attached file will help you the basic ideas.

above attachment

The above attachment is well worth downloading and reading. It covers much more that RF chokes. It includes capacitor selection, proto board construction for RF circuits and how to distribute and filter power around a board and circuit.

It is good Thanks. The reason I'm posting this it is because we have
a RF choke on a machine that it is really old and we don't find
any replacement. I have never worked with an a RF choke before and I don't have any expertise on it. The RF choke it is supposely to be a Ohmite Z-30. But I don't find the specificatios of it, Like inductance, DC current etc. What can I say it have 83 turn with a magnet wire with a Ceramic core. The Diameter of the ceramic is 1.17 inches (29.718mm)
and an internal diameter of 0.756 inches (1.92024mm). The length of the wire spreading thru the ceramic core is 6.75 inches (171.45mm). Does any body knows how to calculate the inductance witout any instrument. Formula etc.

Thanks in advance

RF Chokes Information

as i know Chokes is mostly for EMC concern,i use common mode choke for noise.

super wide band rf choke

Hi SSSSS,

I see the problem you are facing. WIthout knowing the µ of the material it is almost impossible to know the inductor value. Sometimes in reverse engineering the inductor value is measured and then based on the core size the µ is esitimated and subsequently the current handing of the core is predicted. The wire diameter will give you an estimate of the DC resistance.

Try to measure the inductor value using any low frequency equipment and the rest can be easy. You can look at Amidon Inductive components in the WEB, they have lots of basic material to calculate the inductor.

Wish you luck

RF Chokes Information

We commonly use a resistor and rfc in series with the DC supply. The purpose of rf choke is to minimize the rf loss caused by the resistor.

As I known that a RF choke can prevent RF signal leak to DC source. It often comes with a capacitance that is connected to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back