Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for an IC for switching ckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

oozmaq

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
switching ckt

AOA
i need to implement a ckt in which changing the i/p from 5V to 0V causes the O/P voltage at the two o/p pins to get revesed. need o/p of 12 volts. the accompanying figure explains the problem. is there an IC that can do the job. If yes plz tell me.......if no, can any veterans out there help this novice by posting a ckt for it.

open ckt problem

Simple way of doing this is to use a small relay with a 5V coil rating. If you use a version with double poles & contacts (DPDT) you can connect that up to the 12V supply. This is then wired to give your desired function. This requires almost no electronic knowledge. I added a diagram if you have problems realizing this.

Re: switching ckt problem

How accurate does the +12V have to be? Pysh-pull is necessary or is open-collector/ drain OK?
If not too accurate, then you can simply use a couple of comparators, with a reference of 2.5V.

For instance, if open-collector is OK, you can use an LM393.
For push-pull outputs, you can use two opamps connected as comparators, such as the dual LM358. Add a little bit of hysteresis in both cases.

The 2.5 reference can be obtained using a TL431.

VVV said:
How accurate does the +12V have to be? Pysh-pull is necessary or is open-collector/ drain OK?
If not too accurate, then you can simply use a couple of comparators, with a reference of 2.5V.

For instance, if open-collector is OK, you can use an LM393.
For push-pull outputs, you can use two opamps connected as comparators, such as the dual LM358. Add a little bit of hysteresis in both cases.

The 2.5 reference can be obtained using a TL431.
Why would you use a TL431 when a resistive divider off +12V will work just fine?

Whether the OP uses comparators or a relay depends on whether he is switching logic levels or power.

Hey,

Just use a Opamp. I think this is the most suitable way to do this. If you have further questions please let me know.

Thushi

oozmaq said:
AOA
i need to implement a ckt in which changing the i/p from 5V to 0V causes the O/P voltage at the two o/p pins to get revesed. need o/p of 12 volts. the accompanying figure explains the problem. is there an IC that can do the job. If yes plz tell me.......if no, can any veterans out there help this novice by posting a ckt for it.

use a 2003 ic. it is a inverter as well as 5-12v converter. give the i/p to two i/p pins simultaneously. so u will get da o/p cahnge at two points.
the ckt is tested.
the datsheet is attched
u can also use 4504 ic
bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back