Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a wireless sensor which can communicate through wi-fi to server/smartphon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanket Dable

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am looking for a wireless sensor/device which can send real-time data to cloud/servers or may be directly to smartphone. Now, for the sensor type, I want it to sense if the space is empty or accompanied by a metal object. Can anyone tell me which sensor/wireless sensor to use?
Thanks

There are two routes you can go through.
1.) Use a bluetooth chip to make a controller and communicate to the chip with your smartphone. This would take minimal work and would be more work on the smartphone for the interfacing.
2.) Use a wifi chip to make a controller where the controller would read all the sensors and have the capability to write what you needed to the cloud. This is a controller based approach and requires more controller programming.

TI has an interesting possibility: it's Bluetooth, though:**broken link removed**

what kind of WiFi chip or module can be used? I'm planning to use PIC16F877A or any 16 series PIC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back