Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a simple urinal sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasicr

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I need some simple urinal sensor (with ir diode and ir transistor for example),
regards

Re: URINAL SENSOR

i would like to whether you would like to know the presence of the man or his distance from the sensor.....

also from your figure i find only one sensor and three urinals and i would like to know what you have planned in case of more than one person....

pasicr

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
also from your figure i find only one sensor and three urinals and i would like to know what you have planned in case of more than one person....
May be it doesn't matter where or how many men are there, because there's only one valve that flushes all of the urinals.

pasicr

Hi,
Kender's conclusion is OK,

May be it doesn't matter where or how many men are there, because there's only one valve that flushes all of the urinals.

Please if you have some sch or idea share with me,
Best regards

drive the IR transmitter with a darlington pair so that you can transmit the signal for longer distance.... also drive the transmitter using a clock signal as power supply... not only does this increase the life of the transmitter but also decreases the power dissipation.... out of my experience when constant supply is given the IR transmitter lasts for just 3 hours...

use the receiver output to drive a comparator which drives a mosfet ON/OFF which in turn switches the water valve...

pasicr

Thanks A. Anand,
Theoreticly I know how will be work this sensor,
but I need some schematic with exactly parts,
can you help me,
Best regards

then give the distance, no of urinals, and the output that you want.... also post any proceedings of your in this particular circuit.....

pasicr

Hi for all,
finaly I made some urinal sensor, work fine,
IR transmiter is based on NE555, working on 38 KHz, power supply is 6 V=,
IR receiver is based on TSOP1738, the main problem with TSOP1738 is this,
with no IR signal on them, output pin give 5V, with IR signal on, voltage drop only abouth 1V,
this condition is solved with offered schematics,
Distance between reciever and transmiter is abouth 1 meter, with perfect alignment,
I attached both sch,
Best regards
p.s. I attached also one microcontrolled based urinal sensor, but I do not use them, my version is too cheaper,...
If somebody have a question please mail me.

Yes, you'r conclusion is OK, but I have a problem with distance,
IR tx send good signal abouth 1 meter,
regards

i think 1 metre is too high for the ordinarily available IR LEDs... we tried the same for a particular project and we were able to get around 30cm.... i think buying a good IR LED with good specs might do the job because remote LEDs transmit waves about 1m(as far as i know).... try searching some semiconductor industry sites.....

Hi,
this is microcontroller based urinal sensor,
maybe help somebody,
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back