Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a good DSP book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kz9

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I'm an undergraduate student studying electrical engineering. Right now am taking a DSP course and the college is providing us with "Digital Signal Processing: A computer-based approach" by Sanjit Mitra. I'm not sure if this book is good or not. if it is not good, can you please tell me a good book for DSP for my level? It needs to be good for self-studying.

Thanks in advance.

Although I can't comment on Mitra's book, I've found you can't go past "The Scientist and Engineer's guide to Digital Signal Processing" for an accessible text well suited to self-study or rapid practical application. It still contains sufficient theory to avoid being a rule-of-thumb cookbook though and best of all it's free!

You can download it from: https://www.dspguide.com/
(although I can personally vouch for buying the printed copy - there's something nice about a book filled with tape flags and highlighting :)

Reactions: Kz9

Kz9

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thanks guys. I give it a try. Also can someone please comment on Mitra's book.

Status
Not open for further replies.