Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for a binary counter code for 16f84

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelhacker

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16f84 binary counter

hello programmers, i am in need of some code for a 16f84. i am trying to control a pll chip.

I need a 7 bit up / down counter that is stepped by rotary encoder on porta input pins. and displayed in binary (led's) on portb output pins . i need it to start at 0 and count to 127 (0000000-1111111) then reset back to 0. i also need it to down count if instructed by the rotary encoder. .5 second delay between steps would be nice since it will be controlled by a slow human.

eventually i would like to add to the project and have that binary number converted to decimal on an LCD. but that is not important right now.

I know you guys probably get hit up all the time for this and i feel bad for asking but my brain is about to explode from trying to learn asm. i have succeeded in learning the absolute basics but it gets a little discouraging after a while. I have built myself a development board just for the task and have no problem getting the pic to count on its own but am having trouble with inputs.

Any help in this project would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back