mystery

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
zenner diode

Hi all

I am looking for a 7.5V zener diode . I want to apply 5 A for 25 ms , is there any zener that can meet these requirements?

thanks

2n3055 and a zenner

Very dificult one as high current Zener diodes are expensive and can be unprodictable at high speeds.

I would try a IN5343B and see if it stands up if not you will have to move up to BZY 93 but I could only find them at 8.2v The diference in price is over £12.

You could allso try exstending the current range of your zener by using a transistor (2n3055) heatsinked. This is still considered resonable practice.

Barrybear.

mystery i don't think using only a diode is a good idea, 5 A is very much and even using a single transistor might not be safe depending on the voltage you want to stabilize. please provide some more info

I think a high current mosfet and a variable zener diode (TL 431??) can work very well for 5A load.

There may be a kind of switching regulator with mosfets designed to work like a zener, an idea??

higher power

The usual way to incrase the power rating is to put the zener between the collector and base of a BJT. The TIP35 series is frequently used. The collector and emitter leads are then used as a zener whose voltage is about 0.8 V higher than the real zener. This works as sort of a current divider. Only 1/beta of the total current goes through the physical zener diode. The rest goes through the BJT collector. It all comes out the emitter.

Re: Zenner Diode

mystery said:
Hi all

I am looking for a 7.5V zener diode . I want to apply 5 A for 25 ms , is there any zener that can meet these requirements?

thanks

Use transil diode (see w*w*w.diotec.com for p6ke...)

Dear aaaaa

U Can Use chipcenter.com site to Search the your component.

Regards

Concat

I will try to use onsemi 1n5341B , i hope it will meet my requirements .
One thing i forgot to say is , its duty cycle is more than 2 sec .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…