Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Looking for 7.5V Zenner Diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

mystery

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
zenner diode

Hi all

I am looking for a 7.5V zener diode . I want to apply 5 A for 25 ms , is there any zener that can meet these requirements?

thanks

2n3055 and a zenner

Very dificult one as high current Zener diodes are expensive and can be unprodictable at high speeds.

I would try a IN5343B and see if it stands up if not you will have to move up to BZY 93 but I could only find them at 8.2v The diference in price is over £12.

You could allso try exstending the current range of your zener by using a transistor (2n3055) heatsinked. This is still considered resonable practice.

Barrybear.

mystery i don't think using only a diode is a good idea, 5 A is very much and even using a single transistor might not be safe depending on the voltage you want to stabilize. please provide some more info

I think a high current mosfet and a variable zener diode (TL 431??) can work very well for 5A load.

There may be a kind of switching regulator with mosfets designed to work like a zener, an idea??

higher power

The usual way to incrase the power rating is to put the zener between the collector and base of a BJT. The TIP35 series is frequently used. The collector and emitter leads are then used as a zener whose voltage is about 0.8 V higher than the real zener. This works as sort of a current divider. Only 1/beta of the total current goes through the physical zener diode. The rest goes through the BJT collector. It all comes out the emitter.

Re: Zenner Diode

mystery said:
Hi all

I am looking for a 7.5V zener diode . I want to apply 5 A for 25 ms , is there any zener that can meet these requirements?

thanks

Use transil diode (see w*w*w.diotec.com for p6ke...)

Dear aaaaa

U Can Use chipcenter.com site to Search the your component.

Regards

Concat

I will try to use onsemi 1n5341B , i hope it will meet my requirements .
One thing i forgot to say is , its duty cycle is more than 2 sec .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back