Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lookin for a good site for home wiring (electrical)..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
different in countries

Different countries have different laws about how the wiring should be done. Be very careful about which set of regulations you follow.

Your best bet would be to go to a local library and look at books on the subject. This will make sure you have the information that is legal in your country. There may be more regulations about who is allowed to tamper with the wiring.

thanks,but ithink you went too further...

i was just looking for ideas for switches arrangement etc...
3 way,4 way etc...
thanks..anyhow
bull

thank you very much.

same

brings back memories of
the elecrical part of my HNC many years ago
and first thing in the morning
with the square of wood and five or six switches and a bayonet lamp holder
all screwed on
and the fifteen mins we had to think up the solution
just using the mind and some paper to draw on.....

if you need a diagram for that
your in trouble
its that easy....

I got a good electrical construction databook, that conforms to the newly published 2002 edition of the NEC® (for North America).

Electrical Construction Databook
by Robert B. Hickey, Bob Hickey
McGraw-Hill 2002

here is instruction.

The Electrical Construction Databook provides the electrical design consultant,
project manager, contractor, field superintendent, facility owners, and operations
and maintenance personnel with a one-source reference guide to the most commonly
encountered (and needed) electrical design, installation, and application
data. Valuable information ranging from NEC® installation requirements, wiring
methods and materials, to lighting and telecommunications systems, with scores of
topics in between, is included in this single easy-to-access volume.
Numerous carefully selected sections of the National Electric Code (NEC®) are
included with critical data and tables for sizing conductors, conduits, overcurrent
protection, pull-boxes, etc., and many illustrations to help clarify the Code’s intent
with regard to proper equipment installation, working clearances, acceptable
installations under exceptions with certain conditions applied, and a plethora of
others, including materials and methods.
The Electrical Construction Databook contains single-line diagrams of primary and
secondary service and system configurations, emergency and standby generator
system configurations, and uninterruptable power supply system configurations,
each with their advantages, disadvantages, and operating characteristics concisely
outlined for easy comparison in determining what’s best for a given application.
Even the sequence in which they are presented, in general, is from the least cost
and reliability to the highest cost and reliability in order to broadly address the
economic criteria.
In addition to recognized code and professional organizations, much of the material
in this book has been gleaned from manufacturer’s sources and trade
association–supplied information; some of the manufacturer-supplied data may be
proprietary in nature but generally is similar to products made by other vendors.
And the reader should note that many manufacturers and related trade organizations
are often eager to furnish additional and more specific information
if requested.
The Electrical Construction Databook conforms to the newly published 2002 edition
of the NEC®. There may be some minor subtext references that use the 1999
NEC® edition’s section/paragraph nomenclature and a few illustrations that show
English units only without the equivalent metric units, but they are still valid, to
the best of the author’s knowledge.
This one-source Electrical Construction Databook should prove invaluable for officeand
field-based construction and design professionals, since it contains, in one volume,
answers to so many of the design and application questions that arise before
and during a construction project. As an electrical engineer who has worked in the
trade as an electrician, I have tried, based on almost 40 years of experience in
the construction industry, to blend together data and information that is useful and
practical from both a design and construction installation perspective. I trust that I
have met that goal.
I hope you find the Electrical Construction Databook a worthwhile addition to your
construction library.
Bob Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back