Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Logitech TrackMan Marble+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AutonomY

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have a Logitech TrackMan Marble+.
The mouse point itself will not respond anymore after a day of two going to bee weird. Is there anything I can do to repair it? I hope so, the new ones are to expensive for me.

Greetings,

AutonomY

Have you removed the ball, cleaned it and cleaned the dust from inside, particularly around the sensor windows?

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Thanks for your quick response. Yes the inside is clean (I keep everything clean :))
I have not a clue how this ‘thing’ works. Looks like two infra red led’s and a sensor.
I am not even sure if I can get spare parts for it,...
Hope you can help me out,…

Greetings

AutonomY

As far as I know it uses reflective IR sensors to pick up the dots on the ball, but I have never had one fail so I don't know what is inside. If it's not working you have nothing to lose by taking it apart and having a look. I guess you will need an oscilloscope to get anywhere.

Try it on another computer/USB port first though.

Keith.

Hi Keith,

Boldly I will take it apart to work around in it :). I have tried it on another computer, no deal there to. I do have an oscilloscope and even a LogicProbe but I do not know what to measure.

Greetings

AutonomY

Look for simple things first - broken cable where it solders on to the board, for example.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanx! It's a good idea to start out simple. I will delve into it,... I’ll let you know the outcoming,...

Greetings

AutonomY

Hi Keith,

Thanx for your support. I solved the problem. Indeed, keep it simple in the beginning. One of the CMOS legs was broken. This is caused by corrosion (moist environment, handheld over 10 years). Didn't see it the first time because the legs are hard and not moving easily. I tested it on a laptop and found it to work good again when I juggled it. So I was already happy to know all the electronics worked well. I cleaned out the board and solder the rest of the CMOS sensor leg in to it.
Runs like a charm :)

Greetings,

AutonomY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back