Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Logic analyzers which generate the neumonic codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snsriram79

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
logic analysers

hi

is there any logic analysers which genrates the neumonic codes based on the signal tansistion of the I/O pins. if so what r they and what r the microcontrollers it can support.

i need it for doing debugging with motorola/mitsubishi/hitachi 16 bit microcontrollers.

help

hello sriram,

is it possible?

till r u get any idea?

bye

It may be a good idea to had such a feature on my future self made logic analyser.

You plug the analyser on the data bus of the microcontroller ?

How can the analyser make difference between instruction and data, wich could have the same value ?

Could you give me more information on how it should work ?

TOTO2001

Both Agilent and Tektronix have Logic Analyser that support disassembler of various microprocessors.

But you could also ask the microprocessor manufacture about which available Logic Analyser there are.

Hmmm,

the CPU disassemblers for logic analyzers are the old idea. For example the Tektronix 1241 had approx. 20 mnemonics modules as an accessories.

Generally, they use the ALE pin for address/data demultiplexing, M1 cycle pin on Z80 for instruction separation etc.

But I do not think that this is usefull approach for microcontrollers which have the FLASH/RAM integrated inside (PIC, AVR etc.)

For microcontrollers with external program memory, I am sure that new types of Agilent/Tek analyzers have some possibility for dissembler generation.
At least, you should be able to read the analyzer memory into PC and write the disassembler as a PC program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back