Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

location acquiring approaches of zigbee/wlan and bluetooth..

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneeshM

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have been given this topic as a major project....can someone plzz help me as to what we are talking about here.....

Re: location acquiring approaches of zigbee/wlan and bluetoo

I think it refers to the sort of technology used by baby locators.

Zigbee and bluetooth devices have a Received Signal Strength Indicator ( RSSI ) pin.
You can use a motor powered antenna and monitor the RSSI pin as the antenna rotates to find the location of a transmitting device. This is similar to the way baby locators work. From what I can gather this approach on it's own is unreliable at best.

A more reliable approach is using triangulation, but for that approach to work you need a minimun of 3 stationed transmitters on known locations, then a receiver device can listen to all the transmitters and use triangulation to calculate it's location based on the strength of the signals coming from different locations This is how GPS works.

These links should help:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back