Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading programs into FPGA ram/flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawbus

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm currently using the evaluation version of the Cortex-M1 and my program size has exceeded the 64kB allowed for the evaluation version. Therefore, I want to load my FPGA config file with a bootloader that executes instructions starting at external SRAM or Flash. Unfortunately, I'm very new to this and there happens to be almost no example information on the Cortex-M1 besides what is provided with the evaluation trial. Basically, I want to set up my design so that I never have to recompile my FPGA design. All I want to do is update my program and then re-flash it to the board and have the processor start running that new code on a reset signal.

Basically I'm more or less looking for the approach I need to make in order to get this work and also if there are any examples I can look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.