Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Loading Hex file into DS89C430

Status
Not open for further replies.

apurva

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to load a hex file into a DS89C430 using my program loader. Error message generated is as follows:-

DS89C430 LOADER VERSION 2.1 COPYRIGHT (C) 2002 DALLAS SEMICONDUCTOR
> K

> Loading File D:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Documents 98\apurva\test.hex

Erasing Flash ==> Completed

Loading Hex file...

Error on writing the line :

:1000000075805575905575A055ADFA111C7580AA6F

Error writing file: expected G and received P

Error on line number : 4

Load failed.

Can any one give me the solution to the problem? Thanks.

Hi,

It seems that you have some problems with the IC. did you change the IC and try with new one? I think your chip Flash is damaged.

I changed the IC and tried with a new one. Same problem occured again.

Although this post is several years old I wanted to post an answer since I recently had the same problem and the answer doesn't seem to exist anywhere else on the internet.

The problem seems to be with some sort of latency in receiving acknowledgement from the chip that each line of the hex file was successfully programmed. The MTK software waits for these 'G' characters and throws an error if it does not receive them in time. If you are using a USB to serial converter on Windows, you can find the port in Device Manager and change the timeout settings under Advanced.

Alternatively, you can use a program like Hyperterminal. Once you connect press Enter to get the banner. If this doesn't work try Ctrl+C. After you get the banner press K to erase the chip then L to go into loading mode. From there you can send the hex file as a text file. This is essentially all the MTK program does anyway. Hyperterminal also has the advantage of connecting at 2400 or 4800 baud, which the MTK program cannot.

Status
Not open for further replies.