Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Linux vs Windows Embedded CE 6.0 on ARM9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gofs

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I wanted to ask for opinion about implementing one of those OS on ARM9 core. I want to hear opinion from people which were involved with both of these OS for longer time and what are them good and bad sides.

First thing which I will do after choosing OS will be low level drivers development. I am wondering which OS is simpler and has more possibilities in it?

Second thing will be some Real Time processing. Does those systems give good real time response on some hardware interrupts? I read that CE 6.0 has new kernel comparing to 5.0 and its designed to be real time. So I would like not to hear about 5.0 and previous ones.

Third thing will be web server with push technology and quite nice but simple GUI. Are there nice API's for this kind of development in those systems? What kind of technologies are possible to implement in relation to GUI?

Fourth thing is support in development and knowledge base on websites.

Fifth thing is price of course.

I know that there are many different Linux based OS so I would like to hear opinion about some specific ones. I will appreciate any help in establishing an opinion on these systems. Thanks!

P.S. To Linux and Windows maniacs: I need an objective opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back