andre_luis

Super Moderator
Staff member
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I´m working on an Ubuntu based embedded system ( PCduino ), and I´m having problems to execute compilation on a GUI application ( QTcreator ), because it is presented a message box : "Error - Cannot create file XXXXX : Permission denied" during the MAKE process.

I must confess that I´m not an expert on Linux, and taking a look on the web, I found several variations of chmod command, which could change permission of the folder ( and its sub-folders ) and despite try a lot, no one retrieve desired result, holding original atributes.

In order to know if logged user was able to perform this operation, I typed whoami and as expected, gave root.

I presume that Ubuntu is not running as a super user - Is it possible ?

+++

Are you sure the partition to which the compilation process is attempting to write is mounted as read/write and not read only?

BigDog

Hi Big,

I solved the problem faster than I supposed :
The solution I searched on everywhere at the Desktop panel and I found on Ubuntu environment, this way :

FILE MANAGER (select desired folder) >> TOOLS|MENU >> OPEN_WITH_ROOT_USER|SUB_MENU (now can change permissions w/o errors)

Works as a charm !

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…