jimjim2k

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
source code wm918

Hi

The Linux Home Automation project is a bit of a misnomer. It's really meant for use under any Unix like operating system. We already have one gentleman who uses QNX so he'll keep me honest. :wink: I fully intend to keep the source code as portable as possible. And I'm working on getting a *BSD system up and running real soon. The initial intent is to create a daemon that interfaces between a plain command line interface and a Home Automation controller. Currently most of the controllers I have attach to a serial port (X10's CM11A, X10's CM17A, X10's CP290, ADI's Ocelot, CCC's HCS II). I also have a WM918 Weather station, and a bunch of Dallas DS1820 temperature chips. Even though X10 may start out as being the primary communication method others will be explored, such as Intel's Linux Universal Plug-n-Play SDK (UPnP), HTH's PLM (power line modem), CeBus and LONworks. We can also attach RS485 networks to the serial port and create devices which follow a standard protocol (like HAN or SNAP). The Linux box would be the master while the remote devices the slaves.

1. h**p://linuxha.sourceforge.net/

* -> t

tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.