Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Links to Ansoft Ensemble tutorials

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonino888

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

does anybody have a Tutorial for Ansoft Enseble?

I've been trying to use HFSS to simulate microstrip lines but I did not get any good result. Now I'd like to try using Ensemble but I've never been working on it.

Thanks in advance,

Antonio

ansoft ensemble tutorial

Can you tell what kind of problem you encounter by using HFSS, as far I am concern HFSS is and upgrade version of Ensemble.

BRgds

Re: Ensemble Tutorial

kmmaran said:
Can you tell what kind of problem you encounter by using HFSS, as far I am concern HFSS is and upgrade version of Ensemble.

BRgds

I am afraid HFSS is not an upgraded version of Ensemble, instead it is the Ansoft Designer.

tonino888: Regarding ensemble tutorials, I will see what I can find!

tonino888

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

You are facing the same problem as myself about two years ago.
Despite my best efforts, I had never found any official tutorial for Ansoft Ensemble
regarding the microstrip lines, only for the planar antennas and filters.

It is however reasonably simple and quick, thanks to MoM, so it runs much faster
than HFSS.
Start with drawing single mircrstrip line on a first metal layer. Use the provided microstrip calculator, add the ports and solve. There is no settings for a coupled ports, so finding differential parameters could be an issue.

Generaly speaking, use HFSS, it is more memory hungry, but you can solve vias and similar discontinuities.

Thank you all for replying to my topic.

The main problems I had using HFSS were about the time it needs to solve very simple microstrip and stripline structures, mainly when I wanted to have a broadband analysis. Some friends told me to try using Ensemble to simulate this kind of structures and I'm now trying to work it out.

If I get any good result I'll tell you; still waiting for any kind of Ensemble Tutorial if someone's got it.

Thank a lot.

fantomf4 said:
You are facing the same problem as myself about two years ago.
Despite my best efforts, I had never found any official tutorial for Ansoft Ensemble
regarding the microstrip lines, only for the planar antennas and filters.

Ansoft does have official ensemble tutorials. They were available if you go to their training or has a customer login to their download page. Did you know Ansoft did not own Ensemble. They bought it from a company called Balmore. In version 5 which I started Ensemble, it was a very user-friendly windows interface and not a unix-looking like in version 6 to 8. Balmore supplied a very detail documentations and tutorials for version 6 which is also the point when the change-over happened from Balmore to Ansoft.

I will upload some useful stuff soon.

Added after 6 minutes:

tonino888 said:
Thank you all for replying to my topic.

If I get any good result I'll tell you; still waiting for any kind of Ensemble Tutorial if someone's got it.

Thank a lot.

tonino888, does your Ensemble CD supplied with example projects? It should have over 20 projects in that directory in which you could in the meantime take a look and get the feel of the structure setup.

I will upload an example no later than Friday. I am a little busy with meetings and stuff right now.

tonino888

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Thank you sassyboy,

I had a look at Ensemble exemples and it was really useful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back