Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lines Switching Component (Help Required)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaasha

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have 6 lines and i want to connect them with other 6 lines.I want to know if there is any particular component available which can perform this operation using 5volts.

e.g. ________
vcc -| |- GND
A0 -|-------->|- B0
A1 -|-------->|- B1
A2 -|-------->|- B2
A3 -|-------->|- B3
A4 -|-------->|- B4
A5 -|-------->|- B5
A6 -|-------->|- B6
|________|

Something like that. :roll:
Thank you.

What kind of lines are they, data lines? What power/voltage levels - 5V? What frequencies are involved? Are the individual lines to be separately switched?

Last edited:

Actually, It's Sim pinouts, Mixed mode.
1 Vcc - 5vcc
2 Reset
3 CLK
4 Gnd
5 Vpp
6 I/O

Out of the four questions I asked, you have not answered the last two. Anyway, you might have a look at the 74HC4066 quad CMOS switch.
Do you really need to switch the GND line? Electronic switches (as opposed to mechanical ones) tend to have significant 'on' resistances and that's usually undesireable for the GND line. Each channel of the 74HC4066 has an ON resistance of a few tens of ohms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back