Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

linear convolution.. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroboy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"If m and n are the lengths of vectors x and y, their convolution has length m+n-1 " ..... I can't understand how this statement is true.. please help me in proving this... Only on understanding this, i could understand the code for convolution of two discrete signals in matlab .. please help me as early as possible...thanks in advance..

Last edited:
this is easiest to solve with the following:
let x[0:4] = [0, 1, 2, 3, 4]
convolve with h[0:2] = [1, 0, 0]
convolve with h[0:2] = [0, 1, 0]
convolve with h[0:2] = [0, 0, 1]
obviously, these are just delayed impulses. thus you get [0,1,2,3,4], [0,0,1,2,3,4], and [0,0,0,1,2,3,4]

so what about convolution with h[0:2] = [1,1,1]? Well, it is a linear operation, so you have:
[0, 1, 3, 6, 9, 7, 4], which is just the sum of the above sequences.

thank u very much.... can u please give the code and its step by step explanation for convolution of two sequences without conv in matlab...? i googled for the code..but i cant get the explanation....thanks in advance..

in this doc you can learn convolution...clear and simple

Attachments

• Discrete-Time-Systems-FIR_Convolution-[Orfanidis S.J.--Introduction to Signal Processing].part1.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 64
  • Discrete-Time-Systems-FIR_Convolution-[Orfanidis S.J.--Introduction to Signal Processing].part2.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 61
  • Discrete-Time-Systems-FIR_Convolution-[Orfanidis S.J.--Introduction to Signal Processing].part3.rar
    2 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.