Status
Not open for further replies.

electroboy

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
"If m and n are the lengths of vectors x and y, their convolution has length m+n-1 " ..... I can't understand how this statement is true.. please help me in proving this... Only on understanding this, i could understand the code for convolution of two discrete signals in matlab .. please help me as early as possible...thanks in advance..

Last edited:
this is easiest to solve with the following:
let x[0:4] = [0, 1, 2, 3, 4]
convolve with h[0:2] = [1, 0, 0]
convolve with h[0:2] = [0, 1, 0]
convolve with h[0:2] = [0, 0, 1]
obviously, these are just delayed impulses. thus you get [0,1,2,3,4], [0,0,1,2,3,4], and [0,0,0,1,2,3,4]

so what about convolution with h[0:2] = [1,1,1]? Well, it is a linear operation, so you have:
[0, 1, 3, 6, 9, 7, 4], which is just the sum of the above sequences.

thank u very much.... can u please give the code and its step by step explanation for convolution of two sequences without conv in matlab...? i googled for the code..but i cant get the explanation....thanks in advance..

in this doc you can learn convolution...clear and simple

Attachments

• Discrete-Time-Systems-FIR_Convolution-[Orfanidis S.J.--Introduction to Signal Processing].part1.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 66
  • Discrete-Time-Systems-FIR_Convolution-[Orfanidis S.J.--Introduction to Signal Processing].part2.rar
    4.3 MB · Views: 62
  • Discrete-Time-Systems-FIR_Convolution-[Orfanidis S.J.--Introduction to Signal Processing].part3.rar
    2 MB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.