Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Line isolation monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfullmer

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All

When looking to line isolation monitoring for high voltage cabling I have seen both AC and DC circuitry to accomodate this function. Does anyone have a good rationale for using one over the other. Does anyone have good examples?

Thanks

dave

Hi Dave,

I think that DC is best if you are looking for the isolation resistance of each line to another line, because you need high voltages to measure a leakage current. With AC you might be able to measures the line impedance, LRC-values or cross talk from one line to the other. Maybe you look at the cable tester manufacturer to find more reasons, eg.g Backplane Testing, Cable Testing, Connector Testing, Cord Testing, Harness Testing, Wire Testing and Wiring Analyzers.

Enjoy your findings

Thanks HTA,

You and I are think along the same lines. I was interested in seeing examples of differnt circuits being used today. If you have any I would be greatful to recieve them.

Thanks again for the comments.

Hello dfullmer,

Just wondering whether you happen to find some example circuits for LIMS. I am in need of designing a LIM for monitoring 400VDC suppyling to a underwater device and started looking on the internet including posting to this group but nothing happened yet. I would appreciate if you can share/help what you found in the process...

Thanks

Gamini

Hi Gamini,

The information I am getting is limited right now. I will pass along anthing I find and would appreciate anything you can offer as well.

Thanks

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.