Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LIN Bus 12V Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

themaccabee

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Automotive power distribution from 12Vbattery..

Hi,

I just need to know one thing; I’m trying to figure out the power distribution requirements in an automotive system...
I’ve got a 12V battery...but its output is not regulated and will vary.
I need to power up some modules like sensors,auxillary water pump,compressor valve ,etc etc..
Does these systems generaaly inside the system will need a regulated output or just hook it to a high side output with protection against transients??
.if that's not the case may be i need to think about a buck boost system..:(

Thanks For Any help.

Last edited:

The LIN-Bus (Local Interconnect Network) is a vehicle bus standard or computer networking bus-system used within
current automotive network architectures. The LIN specification is enforced by the LIN-consortium,
with the first exploited version being 1.1, released in 1999. Since then the specification has evolved to version 2.2
to meet current networking needs.

The LIN bus is a small and slow network system that is used as a cheap sub-network of a CAN bus to integrate intelligent
sensor devices or actuators in today’s cars. Recently LIN may be used also over the vehicle's battery power-line with
a special DC-LIN transceiver.
Local Interconnect Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Info and document request (free)
**broken link removed**

Introduction to the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) Bus - Developer Zone - National Instruments

look eg. Figure 9-2. Application Circuit...
LIN Bus Transceiver with Integrated Voltage Regulator
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4957.pdf

Last edited:

Automotive systems are usually specified to work between 9.5 volts to 16 Volts.
If the supply goes outside of this range, they shutdown and if possible, report a fault over lin.

Status
Not open for further replies.