Status
Not open for further replies.

themaccabee

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Automotive power distribution from 12Vbattery..

Hi,

I just need to know one thing; I’m trying to figure out the power distribution requirements in an automotive system...
I’ve got a 12V battery...but its output is not regulated and will vary.
I need to power up some modules like sensors,auxillary water pump,compressor valve ,etc etc..
Does these systems generaaly inside the system will need a regulated output or just hook it to a high side output with protection against transients??
.if that's not the case may be i need to think about a buck boost system..

Thanks For Any help.

Last edited:

The LIN-Bus (Local Interconnect Network) is a vehicle bus standard or computer networking bus-system used within
current automotive network architectures. The LIN specification is enforced by the LIN-consortium,
with the first exploited version being 1.1, released in 1999. Since then the specification has evolved to version 2.2
to meet current networking needs.

The LIN bus is a small and slow network system that is used as a cheap sub-network of a CAN bus to integrate intelligent
sensor devices or actuators in today’s cars. Recently LIN may be used also over the vehicle's battery power-line with
a special DC-LIN transceiver.
Local Interconnect Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Info and document request (free)
**broken link removed**

Introduction to the Local Interconnect Network (LIN) Bus - Developer Zone - National Instruments

look eg. Figure 9-2. Application Circuit...
LIN Bus Transceiver with Integrated Voltage Regulator
http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc4957.pdf

Last edited:

Automotive systems are usually specified to work between 9.5 volts to 16 Volts.
If the supply goes outside of this range, they shutdown and if possible, report a fault over lin.

Status
Not open for further replies.