Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] light CLAP ON / CLAP OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

decapitary

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a CLAP ON/OFF circuit for 12V I want to use it for 220v! any1 can help me?

Change the relay which drives the load. If it is 12V relay then choose a similar 12V relay which can switch a 230V 10A load. Provide link of your Clap Switch Module.

Clap Switch Using Atmega

Hello
I Want to make a double Clap switch for my room but im failing over and over.
I used timer and ADC but no Good results... anyOne can help me with the code or the schematic?

Clap Switch PROBLEM!!!!

I made this circuit and there is a problem :
HTML:
http://www.buildcircuit.com/clap-switch2/clap-switch-2_ldr_engineering-2/

It just turn on the lights for 5sec... someone help me plz

Re: Clap Switch PROBLEM!!!!

Use a Op-Amp to amplify the clap sound from Electret Mic. The output of the OpAmp should be equal to or greater than the voltage which is treated as logic high for a PIC input pin. Lets assume 3.2V is treated as logic high, so a normal clap should produce 3.2V at the output of Op-Amp. Connect the output of Op-Amp to INT0 pin of PIC. If there is a clap detect low to high transistion on INT0 pin using Interrupt and toggle the device so that for one clap the device turns ON and for other it turns OFF.

For double clap version. Just start a timer of 2 sec when 1st clap is detected and and if you receive another clap on INT0 before 2 sec timer expires then register it as a double clap and toggle the device. If a second clap is not detected within 2 sec after 1st clap then the clapping is discarded and the system waits for a new clap.

how can i use op-amp for mic? directly?

Op-Amp should be used as an amplifier which gives around say 3.2V output for a good clap. 3.2V is assumed. It should be the voltage which will be a logic high for the INT0 pin.

Google for Op-Amp based amplifier for Electret Mic and modify as required.

Alternately you can use an Audio Amplifier with its output connected to ADC input.

Try using Op-Amp as Comparator. If vin+ goes above ref Vin- then output of op amp will go high. This low to high transistion can be detected using INTx pin of PIC.

Last edited:

I know about amplifers.I used them for EKG circuit I just dont know how to connect a mic to op-amp like 741 or 3140

Status
Not open for further replies.