Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

License queuing for spectre in IC5033

Status
Not open for further replies.

buru

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
we are using cadence IC5033.
We are having trouble with the licences for spectre when runing from "icfb".
In the manual says that there is a license queue but in fact there is not: once the licences are all in use and someone tries to start spectre it is rejected withouth going in a queue to wait till a license is available.
Perhaps i should start icfb with some parameters?
Can anyone help?

PS:We're in deep trouble being 12 designers with 6 licenses:(

Not all Cadence products support queueing and time-outs.
Unfortunately, the Spectre in one of that.

But from the manual I understood that spectre supports queuing and time-outs... you just need to start him at the commad promt with some parameters.
The problem is that I don.t want to start him that way. moreover the manual says that if you start Spectre from "AnalogEnvironment" you have by default enabled queing... in reality apeares not to..

Either you are in the case of reengineering the manual by your experience or cadence has changed the functionality to prefer there Adaptivia product.

Sorry! I don't understand your point.
What reengineering?

Sorry, that is the description if after some painful time you conclude that there is a difference between the built functionality and the documentation. Then you give advise to cadence and they change the doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.