Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Lets Start Sine Wave UPS project on PIC MCU..

Should we start making good sine wave ups based on PIC microcontroller,

• People who are willing to work with me vote positve.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Those who think it is not a good project should vote negitive

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dani

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
magic sine wave

Hello to all,

I wanted to start desgining Sin Wave UPS based on pic microcontroller. I want to strart a poll here if people are interested and want to work with me on this project we can share our work and experience.

I have experties of both hardware and software with a small team with it. I need good people who have exposure in this field. First see the poll results and your feedback then we will strat project and work.

Looking forward to hear from you soon.

Regards
Dani

magic sinewave

Buy a UPS, it's far cheaper than building one.

I'm curious, why would you post your location as UK? You're located in Lahore Pakistan?

project on sine wave ups

maybe uk is his temp residence... whts the diffrence?

sine wave ups pic

Just curious, seems the only people wanting to build instead of buy a UPS are from places with poor quality power. It's not going to be cheap or easy and has lethal potential and could catch fire. It's also going to be expensive to build one worth using, far more than buying a UL, CSA, CE or other certified UPS.

Add to that a UPS is for occasional blackouts and not cyclic use, what's really required is a gas generator.

sine wave ups pic microcontroller

Huh? There are entire cities run off of UPS, they're hardly just for temporary use..

Hardly that impossible to build one yourself. Not necessarily cost effective in the USA etc, but makes much more sense in other countries.

OP look up Magic Sinewave stuff, there's little sense in worrying about a true sinewave generator when you can do it very well digitally. That said, still, no kidding get someone in USA to buy you one and ship it to you. My name brand 750W UPS was only $10 after rebate.. Usually more like $50 though, that was a very rare deal..

Heck get it from China, that's probably where they're made anyway and no shipping here and back so less gas lol. Problem is it'll probably cost 3x as much not coming from a USA retailer..

pic sine wave

What cities run via a UPS, when there's a blackout here in Toronto it goes dark like anywhere else. Gasoline generators are the way to go when blackouts are commonplace.
**broken link removed**

To add to the problem in countries where the power generation appears to be woefully inadequate adding a UPS could make the problem worse, a UPS consumes power and when the power is restored they will have to recharge their batteries and that will draw a fair amount of current adding an even larger load to the already stressed grid.

Why not wind or solar power?

I've read Don Lancasters stuff, magic sinewaves are very cool as are his many other articles.

My point was like yours, buy one. Most of the posters that want them seem to think building a 3000W UPS can be done with a handful of parts they happen to have layout about. It's not so easy and you'll probably simply succeed in boiling your battery.

Mail order one in, it'll be cheaper and more reliable either way.

sine wave ups in pakistan

when the power in sufficieny is there, what is the point in having UPS,as it has to recoup from the mains. In cases like that, I feel they can have ups, but more priority is to be given for energy efficient computers, like laptop etc and the UPS can be made to deliver the DC voltage needed for it. the other associated equipments are to get power direct from 12V battery or so , and it will help serve for longer times.

sinewave ups build your own project

Hello all and thanks.

I am in pakistan these days. I am willing to make it free for all who want to make their own ups. And i have strarted working on it already. Anyone wants collabration are welcome.

Thanks for suggessions any how

application notes of sine wave pic ups

I am looking for 1000W at least. I will post my work and ideas after finishing this poll.

Dani

mcu project

Just visit microchips website, and in their application notes there is a complete project on UPS.
Alternately do a search on google like "sine wave invertor+schematics"
As for poll , people will have different opinions some will say use a PIC coz its the best, other will say AVR is the best. Some may say use a buck boost.

mcu used in ups application

hi iam also implementing ups using AVR controller. but the problem is to controll the
PWM with feedback. do you have any idea about PID to implement in this control

pic ups project

No need to do that.U cant rech the industrial standard either it Quality or cost

If u really want 2 do some work then do some Research work on emerging Technology.Do something creative.there are lots of thing to do.
if u need any type of help from me ur welcome.
I am in Islamabad,Pakistan.

start sine

Farhan.

If there is work for me please tell.

Regards
Dani

magic sine wave pic

hello,

No body is interested to work with me on this project or help me in this regard. Any how i have manged to make a good PWM based Square wave ups which is working fine.

But i have not left the sine wave thing. I am trying to understand the PICREf-1 desigen from microchip. As soon as i get something working i will definatley share it .

magic sinewaves avr

I wanted to buy a sinewave UPS.....

Status
Not open for further replies.