Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LEF file loading error by Encounter 8.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

nnmate

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I face a loading error which is with the log scripts:

Loading Lef file /usr/local/DesignKits/XFab/XH035_IC6_2010-09/cadence/xh035/LEF/xh035_m4_FE/D_CELLSL_HD_mprobe_m4.lef...
ERROR (LEFPARS-1505): MANUFACTURINGGRID statement was defined before UNITS.
Refer the LEF Language Reference manual for the order of LEF statements. Error in file /usr/local/DesignKits/XFab/XH035_IC6_2010-09/cadence/xh035/LEF/xh035_m4_FE/D_CELLSL_HD_mprobe_m4.lef at line 23, on token UNITS.
**ERROR: (SOCLF-3): Error found when processing LEF file '/usr/local/DesignKits/XFab/XH035_IC6_2010-09/cadence/xh035/LEF/xh035_m4_FE/D_CELLSL_HD_mprobe_m4.lef'
**ERROR: (SOCLF-26): No technology information is defined in the first lef file.
Please rearrange the lef file order and make sure the technology lef file is the
first one, exit and restart First Encounter.
encounter 1> **ERROR: **ERROR: (SOCSYT-16013): Load LEF file /usr/local/DesignKits/XFab/XH035_IC6_2010-09/cadence/xh035/LEF/xh035_m4_FE/D_CELLSL_HD_mprobe_m4.lef failed

Can you give me some clues?

There are two changes you need to make:
1. Define UNITS before MANUFACTURING GRID in the LEF file.
2. Check the order of LEF files. First LEF is not tech LEF. Technology LEF should be the first LEF.

thanks alot.

The lef files are from the foundry, not generated by myself. Donno what exactly do? should I place two lef files in the blank for Lef files? Or I must edit them?

Hi,

I suspect your first LEF loaded is not a technology LEF as the 2nd error message suggests.
It could also be due to conflicting LEF versions (unlikely, though).
You can do minor modifications to LEF as long as you know what you are doing (but do NOT modify co-ordinates w/out consulting with foundry).

Read first the documentation on LEF commands in your Cadence manuals if you must edit (you can check with whoever installed Encounter).
Also, check with X-FAB documents which LEF file has what information.

Good luck with your P&R :)

Best regards,
I-FAB

First define UNITS and then MENUFACTURING GRID like this..

NAMESCASESENSITIVE ON ;
BUSBITCHARS "[]" ;
DIVIDERCHAR "/" ;
UNITS
CAPACITANCE PICOFARADS 10 ;
CURRENT MILLIAMPS 10000 ;
VOLTAGE VOLTS 1000 ;
FREQUENCY MEGAHERTZ 10 ;
DATABASE MICRONS 2000 ;
END UNITS

MANUFACTURINGGRID 0.005 ;

Specify technology LEF as first LEF file.

nnmate, do not modify the LEF as the others suggest. Encounter gives this error "MANUFACTURINGGRID statement was defined before UNITS" when you try to load a tech LEF more than once in one Encounter session. Its not a problem with the LEF, its a problem with how you're loading the LEF. Unless your foundry is totally inept, there should already be a MANUFACTURINGGRID definition in the LEF.

If your foundry really is bad enough to leave out that statement (a severe error), please consult the reference documentation if you have any question about modifying the LEF. The document can be found in <soc install location>/doc/lefdefref and there you will find lefdefref.pdf which will tell you all you need to know about the LEF contents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back