Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LED sequence circuit with 4017 and 555

Status
Not open for further replies.

voicetel

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends. Is it possible to build a flashing LED circuit with the same sequence of the image link below using the 4017 and 555?, Or need to use a PIC?

Thanks in advance!

**broken link removed**

Re: LED Sequence Circuit

Hi. If no more then one led need to be active at same time, you can use a simple led chaser circuit.

I know that there is grid logic circuits out there - cannot remember the correct term for those.

Or, you can use a combination of multiple input muxes and dip switches to be able to manually adjust the sequense.

And there is several other ways to get it done.

Thank you for answering my question. I made a circuit that the LEDs flash in sequence. But the link above they flash in sequence, then all together. It is a little different than I did.

You need to define the elements of the display then the timing in terms of the smallest time step including off or pause times. This appears to have 5 separate elements: red LEDs, purple LEDs, white LEDs1, white LEDs2 and white LEDs3 and approximately 20 time steps which could be implemented with two 4017 counters or three if deemed necessary.

Last edited:

Using the 555 and thye 4017 will deliver equal time of blinks with equal time between the On and off times too. Whereas as seen in the given web page, different sequences were found with different timings which naturally requires a microcontroller to control the sequences.
Cheers

Reactions: KJ6EAD

KJ6EAD

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back